Phone: (01) 847 0804
St. Francis Junior School has been in existence for more than 30 years in its present location on Clonshaugh Drive. Prior to moving to Clonshaugh Drive, St. Francis Junior and Senior Schools were located on Clonshaugh Road, where they existed as a small country school called St. Mary’s. However, when the area grew in the 1970s, and the housing estates of Clonshaugh, Moatview and Ferrycarrig were built, there was a need for a newer and much larger school to cater for the educational needs of all the children, nearby. St. Francis Junior School and St. Francis Senior School were built in the late 70s, for this purpose, and they quickly became two of the largest schools in Ireland, with each school having an enrolment of almost 1000 pupils.
At present, St. Francis Junior School has 204 pupils in classes from Junior Infants to Second class. All the children in the school are in classes of less than 20 pupils. As a result of small classes and extremely good teaching, the pupils in the school have a very good standard of literacy and numeracy. There are also lots of fun activities for the children. The school has a lovely playground, an After School Club, a Recorder Club, gaelic and tennis coaching. We also have a concert every Christmas which is enjoyed by parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. In addition, we have a School Sports Day every summer.
We are very proud of our school. It is a happy, hard working and creative place where all the children are respected and cherished. The school has close links with the parish and with the Capuchin priests who work in the area. Fr. Jack is a valued member of the Board of Management. Parents are always welcome and often help with school activities. The staff is very dedicated and very loyal to the school, to the community and to the parish.